I found out that a bunch of the videos that I added to the COSEE website were actually being left out on purpose. Apparently a lot of websites flat out refuse to let us upload anything from their site. I'm slowly learning just how difficult it is to find quality educational images and videos that we are at the same time also available for us to use.
Today I worked on Jennifer's and my idea to upload short sample videos downloaded using a screen capture program when the video can't be normally downloaded. This allows the person looking at the site to see what the video is like and then click the external link to see the full version with sound and better quality.
I also had the idea to use hyperlinks to the source websites more often even with things like images so that the user can gain more information about a topic and so we don't have to cram a 1000 lines in to the description window.
I found out that the text boxes for the descriptions do not accept foreign characters so every time I tried to say El Niño it ended up saying El Nio.
A few days ago I used my new found MatLab skills to make a graph of some information I found concerning hurricanes and El Niño.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment