Yesterday I reworked my monthly chlorophyll program to find and work with the residual chlorophyll data. I got some good practice making two different "for" loops in the program. One found the mean chlorophyll concentration of each month and the other found the difference between each chlorophyll concentration and their respected monthly average. I learned a lot about how useful loops like this can be to save time in the future.
Today I was working with the peak chlorophyll concentrations again. I was trying to answer whether the main and/or secondary concentration peaks were increasing with time. I found out how to use the data cursor in the plot tools to select multiple points at once and export their coordinates to a struct in the workspace. After I figured out how to call a piece of data in a struct I made another "for" loop to put the data points into a matrix that I could then run the "regress" function on.
I also tried to answer whether the main and/or secondary peaks in chlorophyll concentration were coming later or sooner in the season each year. I did this by finding the serial date numbers of January first for all the years between 1997 and 2008. Then I subtracted these numbers from each peaks original serial date number to get the number of days into the year that each of the peaks were occurring. So far neither the day of the year the peaks occur or the concentration at the peaks have given significant trends. For the rest of the day I'm going to rerun the programs using residual data to see if that makes a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment